Instagram is a portable application that’s the brainchild of Kevin Systrom, a school friend of Mark Zuckerberg’s. In actuality, Zuckerberg encouraged Systrom to join him Facebook when the social networking site was still only an idea in Zuckerberg’s mind, but Systrom chose to remain in school. That decision has led to Systrom getting Silicon Valley’s, and Stanford University’s, latest internet billionaire.Instagram is a free photo sharing social networking website launched on October 6, 2010.
It enables users to download pictures, process them through an electronic filter, and discuss them with other users they’re connected to. Instagram has been exceptionally successful from the beginning. By December 2010 they already had more than 1 million users. By April 2012, 30 million users were downloading more than 150 million photographs on Instagram. Also in April, Instagram became accessible to Android users. Seeing a threat to its social networking dominance, Facebook acted quickly to neutralize its most recent competitor. In April, Facebook purchased Instagram for about $ 1 billion.
How can local smaller businesses utilize Instagram? First, you need to register. To register a company you need to have a place page. So as to make location page for your organization, you must create an account on Foursquare. Foursquare is a place-based social networking site for mobile users. Instagram utilizes Foursquare’s place database to label a photo to that place. If your place is not already recorded in Foursquare’s database, you can add it by following these steps as recommended on Instagram’s page:
Visit the Check-in tab and search for the name of this location you want to includeTap the “Add this location” option. As soon as you’ve added the location into the Foursquare database, then you need to be able to look for it on the Location screen in Instagram and choose it to tag your photo with the location you have created. Upload your photograph, then tap on the location name (in blue text) that appears above your photograph to view the location page you have created, where your photograph and all photos tagged on this place in the future will look.
When You’re set with Foursquare, go ahead and install your Instagram accounts:
- Sing up with your brand name as the username.
- Add a profile image, information about the Company and a link to Your Site
- Now that you have your accounts setup, you can start to construct a presence on Instagram.
One of the approaches that you can use are:
- Do not be afraid to experiment with your own photos. Request feedback from the followers. What do they enjoy the most?
- When using hashtags, be certain. This can allow you to find like-minded men and women who will be more inclined to be interested in your service or product. So rather than simply saying #car, say #bmw. Look at what other companies are doing in your industry. They likely have used ideas that haven’t occurred to you.
- You can download Instagram Photos and Instagram Videos using hashtags from https://gramsave.com
- Share the photograph on other social networking sites. After these customers see your photo they’ll go to your website, or start to follow you on Instagram.
- Ensure that your photographs tell the story you wish to tell. Posting a photo of the terrific steak dinner you’re going to consume will not do you much good if you have a tire shop. Be authentic. Your customers will be able to tell if the photos You’re posting are real or not
- Be consistent. Do not over-saturate your posts, but post frequently enough to maintain our followers participated.
Among the criticisms of Instagram is the filters ruin good photographs. This criticism has come largely from professional photographers who might be feeling the heat of competition. As more and more online searchers conduct business on mobile devices, it’s the prudent online marketer that will benefit the most. Leveraging programs like Instagram will pay dividends later on.